As future audiologists and speech-language pathologists, you’re going to spend much of your time being an advocate—not only for your clients but also for yourself. Because you're entering a profession that can be affected by decisions made by your state and federal legislators, your voice is an important part of your profession.
How to Contact Your Elected Officials About an Issue.
1) Select an issue below.
2) Fill in your name and home address (this helps us identify your elected officials) and select "Submit".
3) Review the prewritten message (consider adding personalized text for greater impact).
4) Select "Submit" to send the message to your elected officials.
- Ensure COVID-19 Legislation Recognizes the Needs of Future Audiologists, SLPs, and Schools That Train Them
- Promote Workforce Diversity in Health Professions
- Protect Graduate Education in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Enhance Older Adult Access to Telehealth Services
- Enhance Medicare Access to Audiology Services
Share that you advocated with your social network. Be sure to tag @ASHAAdvocacy and @ASHAWeb, and use the hashtags #NSSLHAadvocates and #StudentAdvocates so we can see and share them too!